Agape provides transitional housing and critical support services to homeless women, moms and their children that empower them to move from crisis and poverty to fulfilling, self-sustaining lives. Over 80% of the families we serve are survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and sex trafficking. Our proven 2 generational Housing 4 Hope Empowerment program provides childcare, transportation assistance, counseling and vocational counseling and scholarships for education towards higher income. Graduates from Agape’s Program leave with higher income, into housing they can afford, able to take care of their families and live within their means, living fulfilling lives not limited or defined by their pasts.
The impact of COVID-19 is scary for all, but especially the homeless women and children we serve. Your donations of treasures, time and talents are so critical to our continued ability to help our families stay calm, stay housed, stay well, and work as they are able while also helping their children home-school online.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Financial Donations so Agape can support our existing families, and the many more families who will be at or near homeless in the months to come.
- Cards of Encouragement for our families letting them know that they have a community that wants to encourage and support them. Cards can be mailed to P.O. Box 861664, Plano, TX 75074.
- Cards or Emails of encouragement to our staff as they work on the the frontline helping Agape families while taking care of their own.
- Gift Cards to help families stretch their limited resources and provide food, medicine and gas. Preferred gift cards for clients are Walmart and Target in $25 increments. To help Agape pay for car repairs and other needs for the Agape families, Visa or MasterCard is preferred.
- Now – we have opportunities for online budget coaching and tutoring for students.
- After COVID-19 – join a yard care team, an “as needed” home maintenance support list, or sign up for special projects groups or corporate works days.
- Anytime – adopt a family or child to help with seasonal clothing and unique family needs.
- For more information or to sign up for Volunteer Opportunities, please send an email to Linda George.